Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Blog is now moved to DhaneshNair.com
Visit the new site for latest updates

My Trip To Pondicherry and Chennai

This year i planned to spend my holidays in Pondicherry and Chennai as I have gone to Pune last year to meet my friends. It was an act of revenge for me where my friends who went to Goa together didnt included me ( I know guys it was because of the travelling constraints). So my friends decided to take me to Pondicherry. We started on 22 Dec in a train and reached chennai by 3.00. We went to Govind Raj place [Well we we we :) .. Dont worry its my friends Praveen Baskaran (My Tech Lead), Govind Raj (Quality Lead), Pandey (My Team Mate), Subodh( Bally Systems) and Suresh (My Team Mate) ] .

We were so hungry that we ate so heavily from a hotel. I guess that guy should be scared seeing the pace of consumption. No body opened their mouth till one round is completed. Then next day we went to Chennai Besant Nagar Beach.Govind was waiting for his Fiance and he went went with her. We started hunting for him. We found him sitting with her in the beach. We found Sonapappadi(North Sweet) and requested him to give them Sonapappadi. Govind was full tortured that day. Next day Suresh was waiting for us in the Mount station. We went to his home, again had a nice brunch(Breakfast + Lunch .. hehe.. this name is because of the volume of food consumed) . We started in a nice Tavera. We ll its really good travel. We went to boating place where that driver took as to the heights of enjoyment by making right shifts and turns.

Then we travelled through ECR road. I was surprised to see Indian roads so proper. Then we went to Mahabalipuram. I have seen sculptures of PallavaKings. I was amazed to see the carving done on a single stone.

We reached pondicherry that night. We stayed in a nice hotel and in the morning we went to Aurobindo Asram, then few beaches. It was just too fun in the beaches. We were in water for hours.. Well, as usual I was scared about my complexion (God, Give me break right hehehe).. While returning back I have really seen driving skill of our driver. It was just because of Gods grace and others caution we were safe. I havfe seen real car drifting when he skidded the vehicle to save us from an overspeeding truck coming from opposite direction.

Then I spend a day i shopping in T Nagar, then got into our great flying train. Nothing was flying there expect that the platform and the track was elevated. But platform were of international standard though not properly maintained. I returned back home on christmas day.

See The Photos Here:

Pondi Chennai


Few Things I cant forget:

  • Food from Suresh Home
  • Making Fun of Govind
  • Tokyo Drift my our driver.
  • Mahabalipuram Carvings.
  • And fun in the road, beach and Car..

Thank you friends for making it wonderful

No comments: