Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Blog is now moved to DhaneshNair.com
Visit the new site for latest updates

Bicycle Ride - Yaadein

It was during my fifth standard I started riding bicycle. I got some friends who taught me bicycle riding. There were vendors who give bicycle for rent and they charged Rs. 2 per hour. My friends used to join me because in the way of teaching me, they can also ride bicycle free of cost. So it was on mutual understanding. I go behind my mom asking for four rupees so that I can get cycle for two hours. After disturbing her a lot, she would give me money.

One day, I decided to get bicycle and none of my friends where available to teach me. I was pretty sure that I can ride bicycle by my own. I asked my mom for money. She was scared that I was alone and didn’t give me money. I was depressed and started convincing her that I have learned better and can ride it by my own. She didn’t even bothered hear that and it made me feel angry. I started arguing with her. She tried explaining me that I am alone and it would be risky to learn cycle alone. I was not in a mood to digest it and continued creating trouble in and around. Finally she gave me four rupees. I was happy; I called my sister who was at 2nd standard by then and took the cycle for rent. Then I realized that I don’t even know to hop into the cycle or neither do I know to start riding it. But I was not in a position to admit my defeat. Two three kids were near by and I asked them to hold the cycle and then got into it. It was a steep road and I started cycling with top three shirt buttons unbuttoned (Actually I didn’t noticed that). I didn’t know to apply break properly and the cycle gained momentum as the road went steep. I saw a person coming with a cow from opposite direction. I didn’t know what to do, my mind went blank and I hit the cow and the person and fall down.

It was near the junction and all youngsters standing there started making fun of me. The person with the cow was very nice, he was making me cool and told me that I am lucky that it didn’t hurt me. My sister came running towards me; I picked up my cycle and started walking with it. People behind was laughing and I didn’t had a mental strength to look at them. Even after these things happened, I rode the cycle for some twenty minutes and gave it back to vendor.

I came back to home and by the time the incident came to Mom and Dad also. I had a tough time after. After that incident, I never took a bicycle with out some friends company until I learned to ride it properly.

So guys: Moral of the story, Never ride your cycle with shirt unbuttoned … sorry
:) “Never ignore your elders”.

No comments: