Monday, January 12, 2009

The Blog is now moved to DhaneshNair.com
Visit the new site for latest updates

After Effects of Kayyoppu

I always say my people that I don’t read much in Malayalam because I am afraid that I will get influenced. But now the funniest part is I don’t read English book either. I was watching the movie Kayyoppu in which Mamooty plays a character of a Writer. The whole movie speaks about reading of books and its importance in literature. I admit that I feel bored to watch award movies; I prefer to watch a comedy than to spend time in watching an award movie.I often think about my work. I was surprised about my readers who read what ever I scribble.

The movie speaks about an age when people were serious about what they read; they find time in discussing about the world class work written by eminent writers across globe. My fiancé who is doing her master's in literature too do the same, I just feel surprised to know about their analytical skills and how they do postmortem on a subject which we don’t even think of. If I count on my readers, other than the casual or google visitors, the regular readers of my blog are between the age of 18- 30. Its not that I target them while writing, but to be frank that is what the level of knowledge I have. Now the question arises, to what extend u need to be exposed to literature to become a good writer.

One thing I have noticed about my blog visitors is that they are common people who just find time in reading subjects of their interest. Of course Love, Separation, and other subjects which I take for writing poems and short stories are their interest because all of those creations are meant for the level of understanding of the common people.

Next topic I observed on the movie is Writers Block. I am sure that even the people who write a diary might confront such a situation in their life. There should be a source of inspiration for people to write. In that first and foremost is self love, love towards his own creation makes a writer to create a awesome output. Once the inspiration is lost its way you never feel like writing. I have experienced that several times especially when you are not sure about the people who are going to read your creation.

I wish all my fellow bloggers that u finds a real source of inspiration and by them/that you write well, you express well. I also have request to my readers to give me comments on my creations. I know that I am not eminent and I am not targeting that group of readers who are inspired by world class writers as well. Its for you who wish to make you heart light for a moment. I being a Software engineer have limited exposure to books and other articles but if you feel that I could be improved in some way or other let me know. I will be happy to get your comments; rather I request your comments to give you wonderful creations

No comments: