Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Blog is now moved to DhaneshNair.com
Visit the new site for latest updates

A Trip to Manali II : In the way

From my friends I have heard about Shatabdi. I was eagerly waiting to travel in it. After some time train reached the station. Since it was starting for New Delhi we had ample time to get into the train and settle down. Luggages were too heavy for me to handle alone and luckily one uncle helped me to place my luggage in the top. Train started moving from New Delhi to Chandigargh . From the time, train started moving they kept bringing food and it continued till we reached Chandigarh. Our driver Ravi was waiting for us there in chandigargh .

Our expedition to Manali started. Mean while a girl came to meet my driver and handed over a mobile to him (Why this girl in this post??? Don’t worry I will tell u about her in future post). We saw a part of Chandigargh while on the way to Manali. City was clean and properly organized. We had food in a dhaba and later started the scary drive through Himachal Pradesh. Our vehicle was speeding at 70-80 in the mountains, cliffs and we kept on climbing one mountain after another.

Ammu was very tired and she started sleeping after some time. I was experiencing the scary drive all alone. Ravi took the vehicle to edge of the cliff, took a sharp turn and overtook the vehicles. He was playing recent hindi songs, I liked the song Ahun ahun from the movie Love Aaj Kal. He was more tempted to play Punjabi songs and I thought it was natural. In the way to Manali Ravi kept a distance with us (may be because we had an argument regarding the payment in the beginning of the travel).

Hours moved on and after 7 hours we reached Kulu. To our surprise it was bright till 8.15 in the night. We thought of going through a short cut through Nagar to reach our resort. But unfortunately it was complete mess and we were delayed for a hour than expected. We reached the resort by 9.15 pm in the evening. Welcome to sterlingssssssss.

No comments: