Monday, August 17, 2009

The Blog is now moved to DhaneshNair.com
Visit the new site for latest updates

Can’t afford to have another crash

Everything was not fine for me this week end. After a disturbed sleep in Saturday night, I woke up when Mr. Sun came over my head. My friends Suthan and Pandian called me up in the morning to inform that they were planning to come to Hosur to meet me. Ammu had an alumni Meet at her school, TVS academy. Initially I was not in a mood to attend the function but later I decided to join her for the function. We met her friends and teachers there. Soon we decided to return home and started my car. I was feeling so happy that time and was completely in a good mood. From the service road we entered into the Highway where I stopped the car because of series of the humps on the road. I saw a lorry passing by and I slowed down and then I entered into the highway. Moment I straighten the car I heard a big bang and a car on air. I was shocked for minute. I parked my vehicle and came out, there was quite a few scratches in the right rear end and the projection has gone in, in my car.

I walked to the other driver. It was an Innova and both the front edges of the cars were damaged. I was completely upset because I was sure it is gonna cost me another 10-15 thousand to make the patch work. I argued with him very harsh and reminded him about his rash driving and the speed in which he comes in the highway though it was quiet crowded road. He was very experienced guy, he applied brake to a good extend and bumped his car against the dividers after hitting my car. Otherwise this accident might have turned fatal and should have claimed our lives. Both the front wheels of his car were wobbling terribly and the accident has damaged the cars suspension. Highway patrol team approached us and asked the other driver to park his car in the road side. Inspector was very sure and he told me that it was his problem and asked me to took him to the police station. It was a hell day where I spend much of my sunday in Police station. Finally things were sorted out and we both agreed to bear our losses.

While driving back I was thinking about what could have happened if he hit us directly on the back side, what would have happened if he hit us when we entered into road. I am sure that some miracle happened, there were no much problem in my corolla and nothing happened to both of us. I should have been little more careful, I realized that but I feel I realized it much later than expected. Thank God for saving us!!!

No comments: