Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Blog is now moved to DhaneshNair.com
Visit the new site for latest updates

Homeless to Homed

I was born in a kerala styled house called "Tharavaadu". It was huge, with many rooms inside, but too small ones. The house was clay roof tiled which kept me warm during winter season and cool during summer. With little more space around, it allowed me and friends to play thief and police, grocery shop, a farmer and what not. During heavy rainfall coconut use to fall in the room which generate cracks and I remember water dripping in through the walls and the platform below the roof called "Thattu" (Woodwork done to store things and increase the visual appearance of the rooms so that the roof won't be seen directly). Due to some reason we were forced to sell it off and moved to a new place. Since then I was never been permanently in my own house.


It took two years for us to finalize and complete the new house and ofcourse concrete one, but by then I joined my engineering where I stayed with my friends in a rented house. By 2004, I completed my engineering moved to Pune where I stayed as a guest in a cousin's house and then moved to rented apartments till I came to Bangalore.

After coming to Bangalore, I was staying with my grandmother in a rented apartment till 2009 (Almost since I got married) and moved to another, as a tenant after marriage. Though two more houses added which I can claim mine by now, I continued as a tenant and I hope things are changing.

If things go well with us, we are moving to our new apartment in Electronics City. Our neighbors are Siemens, Wipro and Infosys and the apartment is from the renowned builder "Concorde Group – 1000 crore conglomerate". Concorde Manhattans is their prestigious project with 926 apartments with all modern amenities attached below.


I don’t know what life have left for me, but this is the plan ten days down the line and I hope to have a fresh start leaving all miseries in the way and there by turning from a homeless to homed.

No comments: