Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Blog is now moved to DhaneshNair.com
Visit the new site for latest updates

The Making of a Bike...3D JigSaw

In this end of Jan and beginning of Feb.. It was just lot fun in my company. We were celebrating Sports day termed "OlymPICs". I am not gone to explain how it was but will tell u how we guys celebrated it.




We are a group of around 9 people.. I can say it’s the largest youngster’s lunch group in our company. It includes Chettan (Anand .. not bcoz he is old lol), MZoOm (Masoom), Beer Bhai(Kirankumar PY), Bhavla alias Guru (Bhavik),Shakaal (Ismail the Gr8), Toast (Ashutosh), Don alias Gopi (Shankar), Manoj the Actor(Bharath) and Bloggesh Nair( Guess who it might be ..hehehe).

I was planning to go home after registering to the events. I was so interested to join Bowling :(.. But none of these guys came with me as there was a limitation of 3+3 events per person.When i came back all these guys are in each and every events as they removed the limitation of 3 events :). Then it was full fun. Beer Bhai gave our team name as "Beers" but the organizers’ changed it to "Beer Belly's" and thus the name "Beer Belly's" took its origin.

We joined in most of the events but became winners in very less events (Secret)..! There was human bowling, Go carting (With out petrol)...and 3D Jigsaw and lot many.

In the first day, the organizers’ gave us a big cover with some papers in and some instructions to make a bike and they asked as to submit it at the end of 3rd day. I was as tired on that day as i came back from my home on the same day. So I left early in the evening. These guys sat an hour to start with the bike and finally they left after some initial cutting.

The next day was full fun.. We successfully became losers’ in several events that day too. End of the day we decided to stay back the whole night and make our bike. Toast was busy that night and he left. Me, Chettan, MZoOm, Shakaal and Beer Bhai started work.. Bhai and MZoOm was in assembling section while Anand in fine tuning, me and Ismail was in cutting section.There where some 30 to 40 pages with full of diagrams. I almost had gone crazy to see those drawing but still started cutting those pictures.






Me being lazy (Again a known secret) give all tough pictures to Ismail.. He was so carefully doing all those things. I was thinking some way to make the cutting much more easier.. Soon bulb blinked in my Head... Wow.. Eurekaaaaaa..! I found a new way of cutting the papers.. I implemented my own way of cutting.. Hmm so Good.. Felt proud about me. Alas... I cut a nice strip into two pieces.."Oops". My friends are sure that i did some mistake. All in chorus "Kya kiya bhe ..." (what did u do?). I smiled at them. Till then I was boasting my new way cutting technology.. :(. I showed them the two pieces. :(
MZoOm helped to stick it again.

Hours went on... Its almost 8 hour’s continuously working with it. If I did the same in exams I could be univ. first :). I was getting severe head ache due to lack of sleep. They told me to take rest for some time and come back. I went to a corner, sat in the sofa and relaxed. I was not able to sleep as it was expected that we will complete the task by 6.00 in the morning and we will leave to our home by then. My precautions taken to avoid sleep gone vain. I slept for some time and then woke up and ran to my friends. All are still assembling our bike. Thank Godddd..!

People started coming back to office.. It’s almost 8.30 am in the morning. We assembled our bike. People are so impressed to see our bike. All appreciated it. Then we went back home. We were so confident that we will win the Medal. After coming back we got the help of Satheeshu, one among the organizer helped us in painting our bike.. Wow.. It looks too good.

It was time for submission. We laughed at our colleagues who bought bike parts in slices. We stepped into the conference room. We were shocked to see that better bikes were there. We got into depression. The organizers said there is only one prize for 3d Jigsaw. All went out moody. But considering our tremendous effort they announced second and third too. We were so happy. I remember that night when we all worked together with high team spirit and enthu.

We celebrated our beer belly's victory on next Beer Belly’s town meeting (Other wise called chicken night...). I am so happy to have such nice gang where I feel much comfortable and lively...

No comments: