Monday, October 22, 2007

The Blog is now moved to DhaneshNair.com
Visit the new site for latest updates

My Most Favorite Person in the World



I was watching the movie "Hey Babby". If I like some movie to some extend... I watch it in full swing. I was amused to see the trio in the movie struggling with that kid. And their pain (I didn’t like any of those actors expression) when they missed the baby. My mind went few years back when my brother was born. This post is about him.

I was too small at that time. I was doing my sixth standard. I was so eager to see my brother. It was totally in a different mood when compared to my sister’s birth. I was worried that my parents won’t take care of me as they were giving importance to my sister. Kid in me got hurt to tat extend that I tried hurting her with a burning incense stick (My parents make fun of me till now ...quoting that instance. I am possessive in every aspect). But my brother was different. I was eagerly waiting for his birth. I was sure that it will be a baby boy and found a name for him. Vava. I still remember the first time I saw him, such a small baby. I was worried it could hurt him, if I took him in my hand.



He came home. He became my world, my happiness. I use to come running from the school to see him. I took all responsibility of him, starting from feeding him, playing with him, singing lullabies for him and making him sleep. I use to tell him stories. He is more fascinated with super hero stories. I created a fictional character called "Kukkudu Vandi", a super car which take care of kids and get them tons of chocolates, Ice cream. (Recently I asked him if he remembers my stories. He said no. I was a bit upset. He was so worried that he explained that he was too small at that time. He asked me to tell those stories again.. I don’t wan no bore him this time :-). So I refused ;-) ).

One funny thing we do is that we both fight sometimes. It won’t last for ten minutes. If it is his mistake, he will come to me saying "Chetta(Brother), Yes friends". I will make my face serious replying him, "No Vave, No Friends". He will run complaining to my mom saying "Mumma, Chettan Yes Friends Parayunilla (Mom, brother is not saying Yes Friends". After two minutes... I will go back to him saying yes friends.


Many of you know that I am very sentimental. I don’t wan no make him like that. I love to stay in home but I asked him to meet people outside. I taught him what ever I know. He learned to format my machine when he was in fourth standard. He is interested with action games. We both play Maxpayen till Four-O’clock in the morning. I got admission for my Engineering course. Only thing which was worrying me is that I won’t be able to see him on week days. I never use to stay in my rented house during my college days. I always use to come back to see him.



Now it became a usual thing that I stay away from him. I hardly see him once in two months. But I make sure that I talk to him daily. He becomes upset if I miss to talk with him. I have a dream that I should never let him wait for any of his wish list. I know each and every one of his friends including girls. He is smart (Not like me)... Lot many use to propose him. He calls me up saying these entire incidents. When I go home, I use to roam a lot with him.

Recently I went home. My mom showed me an exam paper (Its mandatory that parents have to sign each papers in my brothers school). He was asked to write about the most favorite person in this world. Every one wrote about Mahatma Gandhi, Nehru... etc and he wrote about me. I don’t know if I am that good, to be his favorite. But my eyes became wet after reading that. He was awarded 9 out of 10 and he was appreciated among his friends in the class by his teacher.

Today is his birthday... I WISH U A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY VAVE...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing your brother a fantastic Bday today and in all the years to come.

With a brother like you none of his dreamz would be too far to reachout.

Dhanesh Nair said...

Dear Anonymous,

I would be blessed if u give comments on what I have written. Say some thing like mistakes in sentence structure.

Unknown said...

i was searching the net(of all places) for my third grade son for malayalam poems on butterflies, given as a project from his school( m.e.s.,tirur).and i have selected your simple poem. the three of us, me,a chest physician,my wife,an ophthalmologist and our son are eagerly awaiting the birth of the fourth member of our family,insha allah.going through the final paragraph of your post on vava,my eyes also swelled up.

Unknown said...

i was searching the net(of all places) for my third grade son for malayalam poems on butterflies, given as a project from his school( m.e.s.,tirur).and i have selected your simple poem. the three of us, me,a chest physician,my wife,an ophthalmologist and our son are eagerly awaiting the birth of the fourth member of our family,insha allah.going through the final paragraph of your post on vava,my eyes also swelled up.

Dhanesh Nair said...

Thanks a lot ..Doctor. Your words are really an inspiration for me.

Great to know that you are expecting the fourth member of your family. All the very best.

Please do visit my blog and let me know your comments!!!!

revus said...

touching one dhanesh........

Dhanesh Nair said...

Thanks