Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Blog is now moved to DhaneshNair.com
Visit the new site for latest updates

For first time fliers

I was alone going to Netherlands and really dont have any clue what I have to do in airport. I was a bit scared about my luggage as I heard my friends missed it and it take days to get that back. Some tips for the first time fliers to abroad in Indian Airport .

  • Be atleat one half hours earlier than the schedule time to airport
  • Make sure you have written your full name and address on your luggage.
  • Scan your baggage as soon as you enter and get it stamped.
  • Confirm your ticket and get your boarding pass from your Airline company.
  • Make sure you take allowed weight of luggage with you. Otherwise you will have to pay extra or will have remove things at the airport.
  • Checkin your bag.
  • Keep your passport, ticket and other related document in a separate file or pouch.
  • Complete your Imigration formalities .1. You will have fill details in a form provided by the imigration officer. (Believe me the queue goes much slower pace than a snail. Make sure that you take a music player or call your boyfriend/girlfriend at that time .. Coz it will costlier now onwards. )
  • Fill in the details like where you are going, your passport address/company address and other things in the form.
  • After imigration clearance, go for security clearance. [God, now you are done.. Crap I had three that day ..Bangalore, Trivandrum,Chennai.. and one next day in Paris think about my state]
  • After Boarding into the flight remove your personal player and books because they wont allow you to take your bag until flight took off.
  • Then next thing I did a great r & d is to find my tv monitor and headphone jack. I was sitting in the front and tv monitor was hidden inside. And finally I got it.
  • Next is to find my tray. I didnt found that out. I was waiting someone to find it. Finally the cabin crew took it out from the side of the seat.
  • Make sure that you keep some wet tissues with you coz you may need in later hours.
  • In other airports, especially if you have connecting flight make sure that you ask the crew about the exact location where you have to board the flight.
  • For security check you will have remove even your belt. So be prepared for that. (One guy asked me if the pen I had is Indian or not )
  • Make imigration clearance there also.
  • In your final desination please be sure in which belt you baggage is gone to come. I was waiting for some belt and realised that it is in some other belt after some time. So check in the screens about the baggage details.

Hope these are the important things you have to noticed. When you go alone, though you may face some problem you will learn things.

No comments: