Monday, October 20, 2008

The Blog is now moved to DhaneshNair.com
Visit the new site for latest updates

And it happened like this

My parents were not able to bear my torture, rather they were jealous seeing me single, decided to tie me up with a girl who can turn a big red "cross" for me in future. Despite of my continuous request, that I am not prepared for a marriage, they started hunting for their future in law. My Dad started seeing girls for me, and most of them were ignored considering my so called expectations (Well the secret is that those were excuses to get out of the risk). Finally they found a girl and want me to meet her by any means. I was not at all happy with the decision and I told them that I cant see her until i know about her.

On a weekend I went home for some personal reasons and they shown the photograph to me. I told them that I am not interested. My Dad was upset as he expect the girl to be there in the hometown just to see me. I told them that I would meet her for namesake and I also told him that the decision will be taken by me, regarding how to proceed further.

My Dad called up her parents to let them know our willingness to meet her on Saturday. From then on calls started flowing from there saying the girl have reached several districts of Tamil Nadu and almost to reach out place. I told my Dad, it seems tricky also told him that it wont take that much time for her to reach here. Real matter of interest is, her parents told Dad that she have reached a particular place by 11 o clock and the next city by 4.00. I was thinking that she would have reached the place before, if she have started walking from there. I started cribbing and I told my parents to ignore me for the time and let them meet her. Finally her parents convinced my Dad that they will make arrangements for the meeting by next day. I was busy with some other activities next day, so My Dad told them that we will reach there by 7.30 in the morning.

Though I was angry with my parents decision, I was a bit excited as it was my first meeting of such kind. I was asked to wake up by 4.30(God, I could have done it during my exams), Dressed up and got into the car by 6.30 along with my Younger Bro, Dad and my cousin. I was imagining the girl coming up to me with tea cup and face hung up with shyness. I was thinking of the importance of such dumb ceremony.

I reached the place. No network for my mobile, pretty strange where neighbours staring at us (Might be thinking what these guys are doin in the morning). My Dad was upset by the surrounding. He told me that he could have come first. I was almost about to burst, but controlled my anger. We went inside the hall. The hall was arranged very strangely. Her parents were busy in preparing the tea for us. They started calling her out of the room. I was wondering, how people behave so strange and how do they feel so shy in this century. Finally she managed to come out. I was shocked as she didnt even bother to dress up well. She gave the Tea cup to me, not even worried to show a formal respect to guest. Another shocking experienced followed as she dropped the Tea Tray there in the table and went in. I was furious by the time. I stood up, and started walking out. My Dad asked me, if i need to ask her something. Out of anger I couldnt speak. I just told him to follow me as I went out.

Later the day, a call came for me. I took the call and the person at the other end started asking my personal number. I was surprised thinking why a stranger would need that. Finally he revealed that he was her boyfriend. I almost exploded.. dont even remember how i scolded him. I should thank God, for making him to call me coz I could have shown that anger to my parents. He was begging sorry as her parents should never know about it. Though sounds funny, a real embarassing moment in lifetime.. So thats my first attempt .. whats yours?

Send it in dhanus@dhaneshnair.in

No comments: